7777 Edinger Ave, Huntington Beach, CA | Directions 9264733.731550 -117.994441
Nothing clever to say but OMG! – I am going to make this short and brief though my experience was quite a disaster. For mor info look my review on yelp. I am a cosmetologist and have been one for quite some time. I am very picky in how my hair is cut and styled and since the last time it was cut, the hairstlyist razored the HECK out of it, but my hair has grown since then and needed a trip. Here's what went down in bullet points:
1. Made appointment after hearing a basic cut and style was $35. -Store manager Rebecca told me this.
2. Next morning: Turned away at the door and told to wait. I told Ms. Greeter girl I had appointment.
3. Angelica never checked books, sat for 15 min until SHE came up and asked'"Are you waiting for someone?"
4. Finally realized I was her morning appt. and was wisked to the chair with no consultation. Finally went to shampoo bowl, head was burned with scorching hot water and later scrubbed with a product I was allergic too.
5. Discussed haircut, later I reveiled I was a cosmetologist and then she proceed to tell me why I was worng about my hair and why my hair is so bad. I already knew my hair flaws.
6. Told her NOT to touch th bangs and to thin out, keep hair on longer side with blended long layers. Also face framing layers. While answering phone several times, I was sobbing wet and cold and sitting ther for 20 min. Haircut lasted 15 min total (I timed it).
7. Flat wrapped, not blowdried. Result, Puffy hair with really short thick bangs. I looked like I had wings on the sided of my face. Uneven hair cut with her not checking once to see if even.
8. CHARGED for Signature Cut at $50.00. Store Manager told me $35 previously. Told Rebecca (SM) she told me 35, but I was chared 50. She said talk to your stylist. Stylist NOWHERE to be found.
9. Left, cried and immediately went to Fantastic Sams to get hair fixed by NINA at half the price. Better result.
REFUND? So far I've been down the line of managers, store manager, and Salon manager (who was my cosmetology teacher) and they all questioned me and defended their employee rather than satisfying the customer. No I have to go through Aimee, David's (Salon Manager) boss, to get a refund and then through her boss to okay. I haven't been this disappointed in my life with service. Bad haircut is one this if excellent service is provided, but both haircut AND service being terrible.. Wow.. Anyway, they are clearly in it for the money, NOT customer service. Besides I only wanted a haircut and style and was charged a SIGNITURE CUT. Where's my scalp massage? Anyone say they are going down?
Write to the Store/Salon Manager, their boss, and their bosses's boss, as well as the CEO of ULTA. MAYBE, will that get the message across of Poor service!
FACEBOOK me if you want to know every detail-it's worse than you think.. ;0(
Over Priced Poor Quality – 3rd time - Went in for a hair color touch-up - just to cover the grey new growth. When she finished, my hair looked somewhat dull, but I didn't say anything about it because I thought it was all the hair product she put in. When I went to get my ticket to bring up to the register, I mentioned to her about the $50 she charged me last time for the "trim". Her reply was "that’s what I charge for a haircut". I said I understood, but that is if you come specifically for a hair at which time she would have washed, cut and style my hair. At that time, my hair was already washed and colored and was going to be styled (as part of this service) anyway, how can you justify $50? She shrugged and said, “That’s what she charges”.
WORST CUT AND COLOR EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE – This was the WORST CUT & COLOR I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I asked for Red, she did not bring out colors to discuss which shade of red, and then dyed my hair super dark dark brown. She cut it short. I told her not to cut it any shorter, she said she was just evening it out and continued to scalp me (yes you could see my scalp). After she finished I told her how unhappy I was with the cut and color. She refused to correct the color and gave me a half hearted shrug with an insincere "sorry" and presented me with a bill for over $120. I again stated my dis-satisfaction at the counter when I paid - to the store manager, and again was met with an insincere "sorry" and will that be debit, credit or check. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE. IT IS HORRIBLE.
Great coloring service – I got my hair colored and it is gorgeous now! I reccomend Anjelica! She did my hair and I love it! I was cynical about the way it would look, but it looks much bettter than it did before. Everyone always compliments me on my hair now.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Ulta Beauty on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.