Brea >Brea Dental Group
Beware of Costs!!!. I went to this office to inquire about braces. I was never told there would be any costs for a consultation. Too sum up my long story, the dentist was great and a very nice man. The office staff are very misleading. I wish I would have read the reviews before visiting this office. I did not proceed with braces after my consultation. Therefore my insurance was charged for several procedures and they kept my deposit I left for surgery. I have called there office several times asking for my deposit to be refunded since I did not go through with surgery. I was never told they would keep my deposit and apply it to visit fees I supposedly owe. I never received a statement of charges and that my deposit was applied to these so called fees. I basically paid $300 for a consultation & they billed my insurance for an exam. Terrible experience, thats why I decided to write a review & maybe this will help someone make a wise decision.
Worst Office Staff Ever. When talking with the dentist I felt this was a competent office with great doctors. Then after my exam, the office staff completely contradicted what the dentist told me. When the office staff finished, I was given a bill about 3 times what the dentist suggested with more procedures added. I will never return to this office. Don't be fooled. The day I went was a completely new patients visiting including myself. That should have been a clue.
I am feeling good! Had my smile makeover and it feels great to get lots of compliments!
Thank you Brea Dental!
Avoid this Dental Office AT ALL COSTS.
1. Rates are overpriced. For example, I researched a procedure that I had done in this office and found that it can cost a little over $100 in two other dental offices in Orange County, yet they charge almost $300 for it!!!!
2. Be firm and ask for a PRINT OUT OF THE CODES of the services you are about to get done. The ladies upfront Debbie, Andrea and Theresa will do everything at all costs not to give you a print out of the codes so you can't compare it with your insurance. I kid you not it's a difference of almost $200 bucks for one service. Trust me, they do overcharge, I KNOW.
3. If you find that they do overcharge, let your insurance do the calling for you ASAP. I was trying to be polite out of respect for the staff and the dentists. But my politeness was taken advantage of.
4. If you find an overcharge, here is what they'll do. They will not file the codes with your insurance until the time allowed to file for a refund/complaint will be cutting it close. This way, they can always blame the delay on your insurance's processing time until the patient can overlook the charges and have no more rights to even view a list of what you paid for. They play the legal game and won't show you any receipts until you pay for your bill, that you thought you already paid in full.
5. Last but not the least. Once you pay for your bill in full, YOU MUST ASK FOR A RECEIPT that says PAID IN FULL!!!!!. Do not rely on your credit card receipt as proof of payment. That was my mistake!!!! And ask for a list of everything! The code, the name of the procedure, the price and what you paid for. Because they will keep sending you the bills!!! And trust me, you must insist on that print out because they will make you look stupid. And tell you "I do not understand what you want..you have your credit card statement as a receipt don't you?" TSK TSK. Do not fall for this I feel so stupid trap. DO NOT LEAVE without a RECEIPT that says paid in full!
6. It's sad that the billing practices of this office turns off so many people. It's not fair to the dentists who are actually talented and skilled. But for the price of hundreds of overcharges? Can't go back here!!!
7. You can do all the research you can, but what they file with your insurance will be the prices that are correct. So even your own insurance will make a mockery of you. However, they will bill you later for more! And there is nothing that anybody can do about it. Trust me. Billing practices aren't controlled by your insurance or any governing dental board above these dental offices. SO AVOID THIS OFFICE AT ALL COSTS!!!! Save yourself the $$$$ and find a better and honest dental office.
RUDE RUDE RUDE office staff!!. From day 1 this staff has been nothing but rude but my biggest complaint are the made up costs and charges that are added on by the office staff!! Its amazing that the three times that I sat in that office waiting room 80% of the people that came in where new patients....that should tell you something!! Stay away!!!!!
I have read the reviews and I was deterred of going, however one of my friends swore to me that it was a great practice.
I needed to get a a crown replaced and they did a fantastic job replacing it with a natural appearing one. I had a porcelain fused to metal, but now I have a zirconium one and it looks great. Thanks for letting me know of these other options!
Pro's all they way. Needed some work done on a tooth that was messed up by another dentist a few years ago. These folks have digital x-rays and showed me the hole thing. We discussed options and they called my insurance to confirm it was covered.
All the other bad reviews are dead on!.
I went through my insurance company and visited this dentist because they were on the list and close to my house! All of the other reviews (except for the obviously fake review at the bottom) are absolutely right. Avoid this dentist at all costs. I have insurance and was presented with an estimate of over $4,000 (out of pocket) to replace fillings, have a cleaning and for the (obligatory) night guard.
AVOID this office at ALL COSTS!
They mar the "integrity "of the Dental Profession. I went in to have an infected tooth extracted which was in the far back .(#31). It was supposed to cost $5 with insurance. They told me it would be another $550 out of my own pocket for post extraction bone grafting that they insisted/demanded I needed. Told em I'd pass on the grafting so they refused to pull it. Wouldn't give me copies of x-rays I'd just spent 2 hours getting either. I drove 1/2 mile down Imperial (to Berry) and walked in to a dentist office where my wife had been before.(The office that she actually thought she signed us up with when we got the new insurance) They charged me $281 dollars for a surgical extraction. I couldn't wait another month for the HMO to change my "CARE PROVIDER" in their system. Otherwise it would've only been $5. I can't really convey my true feelings for Brea Dental Group in this review because I'm sure it wouldn't get printed if I did.
Like all of the other reviews (with the exception of one review that is an obvious fake posting by their office), I also had a horrible experience with this dental group. My young daughter endured 2 years of braces, an upper mouth extender, and head gear. I paid cash upfront for the complete work (alot of money!) and was told the day she was having her braces removed that I would have to pay another $100 because our insurance had changed during the time we started until we finished the braces process....a $100 charge for no good reason!
Also, my daughter (who is very young) had lost her retainers recently. I immediately called the office to pay for replacement retainers and was told that it would cost $700!!!! The price was $350 for the upper, and $350 for the lower. After I dropped the phone in complete horror, I called around to other dental offices and friends who work in the dental industry. I was told the industry standard for retainer replacements was about $300....$150 for each. I walked into Brea Dental and asked to speak to the ever rude office manager, Debbie. Debbie was a complete, well let's just imagine what I would like to say she was and it is not a good word, about the whole thing. When i confronted her with my information, she was condensending and obnoxiuos. I asked for the final impressions that were taken of my daughter's teeth to go to another dental office to get the replacement retainers and she lied and said that they did not have them. After a few minutes, she retracted her lie and said that I could PAY for a COPY of the impressions, but it would not be good for getting replacements. I then asked for a copy of all of my daughter's records there to take to another office, and Debbie refused and said I need an attorney for them!!!
The worse part of this story is the fact that my daughter has to suffer now because of the delay in getting another set of final impressions. I am filing a complaint with CDA.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!